Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Qwest DSL problems continue

I am still having problems with Qwest's DSL service. Every day I've experienced the same problem of the Qwest DSL connection dropping every few minutes.

This evening when I first booted up the computer, I was unable to train for a good 15 minutes. Finally, the modem trained. But I only got about 10 minutes of time on the internet before the connection started dropping continuously again.

I've been having this problem for the past week. I saw a Qwest van in the neighborhood and since that day, the DSL service has been nothing but trouble. Sure, we had problems with not being able to get a connection during rain or thunderstorms and the connection dropping on incoming phone calls, but the connection would always return when the rain passed or shortly after the phone stopped ringing.

Now Qwest DSL is largely unusable. On the bright side, I was able to spend 3 hours on the internet the other day before the connection dropped. But then it kept dropping continuously.

I am lucky I was able to log on to the internet so I could make this post! That's how shaky our Qwest DSL service is.

Ultimately, I would like the people at Qwest to pull their heads out of their butts and fix this problem. I will probably spend another frustrating half-hour or longer on the phone with support either today or tomorrow listening to them try to tell me that it isn't their fault, but mine. A frustrating experience, to be sure.

No comments: