Sunday, July 27, 2008

Still Having Problems

After I got off the phone with Qwest technical support this morning I shut down the computer. I booted it up again around 6:30 PM or so. The modem was able to train and connect to the internet without problem.

As of this writing I have been online for about an hour. During this period of time the Qwest DSL connection dropped twice. I was logged into a website and when it dropped I had to log-in all over again for every page I had open in different browser windows. What a pain.

If there was more competition in this market, I would never use Qwest. I'm not going to pretend that Qwest DSL service is the worst thing in the world. But when you are paying $50 a month for something you damn sure expect it to work right.

I detailed my complaints in the first post of this blog. I will continue to update this blog with the problems I am having, if I continue to have problems, that is. If things start going well, I will post that, too. My intention isn't to bash Qwest so much as it is shine a public light on the quality of their service. Good or bad, I will share it on this blog.

If the service ends up becoming reliable again, I will be sure to post about it. If there is a large gap between posts, you can assume that the DSL service is either working well or not working at all.

No comments: